While many families prepare to share a meal and exchange gifts over the holiday break, some families worry that they will not have enough food to put on the table. Schools in Little Rock close for a two week winter vacation and many kids in our community rely on free breakfast and lunch at school. Be Mighty Little Rock wants to help families know where to go to access a free meal. Participating locations offer free meals and enrichment activities for kids and teens 18 and younger.
Here is a map of the various sites offering meals for youth ages 18 and under. For more information please email Kay Kay at email@example.com.
On December 23rd, 26th, 27th, 30th-31st, January 2nd-3rd the following locations will serve meals:
- Williams Library located at 1800 Chester St.
- Meals from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Children’s Library and Learning Center located at 4800 W. 10th St.
- Meals from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- McMath Library located at 2100 John Barrow Road
- Meals from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rooker Library located at 11 Otter Creek Ct.
- Meals from 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Dee Brown Library located at 6325 Baseline Drive
- Meals from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fletcher Library located at 823 N. Buchanan Street
- Meals from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Terry Library located at 2015 Napa Valley Dr.
- Meals from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Main Library located at 100 Rock Street
- Meals on floors three and four from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Millie Brooks Library located at 13024 AR-365 Wrightsville
- Meals Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Nixon Library located at 703 W. Main St. Jacksonville
- Meals from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sanders Library located at 10200 Johnson Dr. Sherwood
- Meals from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
The following libraries offer fun activities and meals on Saturday December 21, December 28, and January 4th:
- Williams Library
- Lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Children’s Library and Learning Center
- 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Main Library
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.