SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as food stamps), is a federal safety net program providing low-income Americans with the food they need to feed themselves and their families. In most cases, SNAP is a temporary, short term solution for individuals and families to help until they get back on their feet. On average, SNAP participants stay on the program less than a year. The SNAP program is funded through the United States Department of Agriculture and is administered in Arkansas through the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
Eligibility is based on income and assets, ability to work, citizenship and whether there are children or elderly in the home. If you own a home or a car, you may still be eligible for benefits, so go to www.access.arkansas.gov for eligibility details or call your DHS County Office to see if you qualify for SNAP benefits.
DHS Offices in Pulaski County
Pulaski SW 6801 Baseline Road, Little Rock, AR, 72219-8916 501-371-1100
Pulaski East 1424 East Second, Little Rock, AR, 72203-8083 501-371-1300
Pulaski South 1105 MLK, Jr., Little Rock, AR, 72203-2620 501-682-9200
If you have access to the internet at home, work or at your local library, you can apply for benefits online at www.access.arkansas.gov. It’s simple to find out if you qualify. If you do, the website makes it easy to sign up and begin getting the nutritious foods you and your family need to stay healthy.
If you don’t have internet access or need additional help in applying for SNAP benefits call 1-800-482-8988. TDD: 501-682-8820
SNAP Office Hours at the Central Arkansas Library System
Need help filling out your SNAP application? Your local librarian may be able to help you! Visit a library branch during the hours listed below for assistance with your SNAP application or for information on other food resources.
To make an appointment, visit the front desk. An available SNAP Navigator will get back with you to set up a time to meet.
- Children’s Library & Learning Center located at 4800 W. 10th Street, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Monday to Friday from 2:00-4:00 p.m. *by appointment*
- Dee Brown Library located at 6325 Baseline Road, Little Rock, AR 72209
- Tuesday & Wednesday from 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- Fletcher Library located at 823 N. Buchanan Street, Little Rock, AR 72205
- Mondays from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Main Library located at 100 S. Rock Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- Monday to Friday from 10:00-5:00 p.m. *by appointment*
- McMath Library located at 2100 John Barrow Road, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Tuesdays from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Millie Brooks Library located at 13024 Hwy 365, Wrightsville, AR 72183
- Thursdays from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Williams Library located at 1800 Chester Street, Little Rock, AR 72206
- Monday to Thursday from 11:00-1:00 p.m. *by appointment*